29 April 2010

What to do?

This has really been bothering me lately.  I feel like I'm at a standstill in regards to my transition.  I've transitioned fully socially, but there's only so much that can be done in that aspect.  Everyone uses the right name, right pronouns.  I haven't been read in quite a while.  People will look right at my driver's license and call me "Sir".  I'm just sick of waiting.  I have to wait 'til August to change my name.  I have to wait until I know if my insurance covers therapy.  I have to wait until I have the therapy to start hormones. And I have to wait until I have money to even get the T.

I'm a patient person, but this is getting ridiculous.  I don't know what to do.  There's not much for transsexuals in Michigan.  U of M has a good program, but Ann Arbor is 3 hours away.  I've not heard of a doctor in Mt Pleasant who will prescribe hormones.  It's just frustrating, not being able to do anything.

On the other hand, I am happy with what Amber and I have accomplished at CMU this past semester.  It's great to sit on panels and educate people about the struggles trans people have, and how we can be more accepting.  TransTalks went great, and I hope it goes just as well in the fall.  We're hoping to make TransCMU into an RSO, so that there's a visible community on campus.

Now if only I could get my personal life in gear...

No comments:

Post a Comment